In this tutorial we will show you how to set your home page for Movable Type. Movable Type creates a Main Index page by default, we will remove this page and set a page you created as the main page.
Setting Your Homepage:
- Create a page in Movable Type you want to be your homepage.
- Click the Pages link in the navigation menu, then click your page on the list.
- In the publishing section on the right, click the Edit button under Filename.
- Replace the filename with “index” (be sure to use all lower case letters). Then click the Update button.
- Click the Design link in the navigation menu. In the Index Templates section, click the check box beside the Main Index option, then click the Delete button.
- Click the Pages link in the navigation menu, then select all pages and click the Publish button.
A message will pop up asking “Are you sure you want to publish this page?” click the OK button. The page you renamed index in Step 4 will now be your homepage.
Congratulations, now you know how to set your homepage in Movable Type!