By default, Magento 1.6 will not display products that you do not have inventory for. If a product has no inventory your website’s visitors will not see it. This can be problematic since you may want to pre-sell products before their release date or have the ability to back order stock on your website. This setting to allow Magento 1.6 to display and sell products that are out of stock can be changed in your Magento Admin Backend.
- Log into your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System ->> Configuration
- Click on “Inventory” in the left side menu pane
- Open the “Stock Options” section
- Change the “Display Out of Stock Products” to “Yes“
- Click “Save Config“
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.