InMotion Hosting has a support team specifically available to the Dedicated Server and VPS managed hosting platforms. If you have one of our Dedicated Server plans or a VPS-3000, you automatically qualify!
Note that cPanel pricing changes in 2019 will affect Managed Dedicated Server Management
How do I contact the team?
If you have a Dedicated Server or VPS-3000, you can contact the new team via three methods: phone, chat, and email.
To reach Support for your Dedicated Server or VPS-3000, you can call our standard number:
US Customers: (1-888-321-4678), dial 2 for Support, followed by 1 for technical Support, and then 2 for the Dedicated Server and VPS-3000 option.
International: (+1-757-416-6575), dial 2 for Support, followed by 1 for technical Support, and then 2 for the Dedicated Server and VPS-3000 option.
You can contact Support via chat in two ways.
1) Log into your Account Management Panel (AMP) and click the Get Support link in the top right. Once on the Get Support page, click Launch Chat and it should default to Dedicated & VPS-3000 Support (24/7). Fill out what you need assistance with and submit.
2) This method doesn’t require AMP authentication. If you’re on https://www.inmotionhosting.com you can select Sales Chat in the top right. On the pre-chat survey, click the drop-down and select the Dedicated & VPS-3000 Support (24/7) option.
To contact Support for your Dedicated Server or VPS-3000 via email, you can either email [email protected] or you can log into AMP and click the Get Support link on the top right. From that page you can will be able to submit a verified ticket directly to their ticket queue.
What Information Should I Provide?
Be sure to have the following information ready so we can help you troubleshoot and provide assistance in the fastest way possible.
- What software and version are you using?
- Is it a base install or are plugins/modules added?
- What is the exact nature of the issue?
- What are the steps to duplicate the issue?
- When does this issue occur?
- Were there any changes made just prior to the start of the issue?
- If the software supports it, is caching enabled?
For more detailed information, see our full article:
Managed Hosting vs. Dedicated Server & VPS-3000 Support
If you’d like Support directly from a System Administrator, Managed Hosting may be best for you. New Dedicated Server plans come with at least two hours of Launch Assist, which is handled by the Managed Hosting team. Managed Hosting is also available as a paid option. They can assist with setting up custom configurations on your server that can increase performance, such as NGINX and Varnish, or many other complex server changes such as MySQL replication and advanced security configurations.
The Managed Hosting team is only available from 9am-9pm EST, Monday-Friday. If you need assistance outside of that time, keep in mind that support is available 24/7 by phone, chat, and email. The support team for your Dedicated Server or VPS-3000 can be reached via chat whereas the Managed Hosting team cannot. If you need assistance via chat, the support team is available and happy to help.
While you can go through Customer Service for billing inquiries, you have the option to let Support handle it for you if you have a Dedicated Server or VPS-3000. You’ll be able to speak with one of our team members that specialize in the Dedicated Server and VPS-3000 products and in the event you have a billing related concern, they can resolve it without transferring you to Customer Service.