How to remove an entire webpage from Google Search with Webmaster Tools
At times, Google may index a webpage or part of your website that you do not want the public to see. This can be especially important if your site displays personal data such as credit card information. Please read our article on Webmaster Tools if you have not yet set up an account.
Removing a webpage from Google Search Results
- Log into Webmaster Tools.
- On the Dashboard homepage, click "Site Configuration" from the left side menu pane.
- Click on "Crawler Access" and then select "Remove URL"
- Click on "New removal request"
- Type the full URL of the page you want to remove from the search results. Then click "Continue" (Keep in mind the URL is case sensitive).
- Click "Yes, remove this page".
- Click "Submit Request".
To ensure your content is permanently removed from the search results, you'll need to do one of the following steps within 90 days of requesting the URL to be removed. If you do not, your content may appear in the search results.
- If the page no longer exists, make sure that the server returns a "404 not found" or a "410 Page Gone" error message. Non-HTML files such as PDFs should be completely removed from the server.
- If the page still exists, use a robots.txt file to prevent Google from crawling the specific page. Even if a URL is disallowed by the robots.txt file, Google may still index the page if they find it's URL on another site. However, Google will not index the page if it's blocked in the robots.txt file and there is an active URL removal request for the page.
Please review our article on using robots.txt files to block search engines from crawling a website. If you need further assistance please feel free to contact our support department.
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
2014-04-11 3:29 am
Dear Sir, In Webmaster tool wrongly I deleted my whole site and google all data search result deleted. How it comes.
2014-04-11 11:05 am
Sorry to hear you accidentally deleted your site from google, you should still be able to see Statistics about your Website Traffic in AWSTATS.
We are happy to help, but I am not sure what your question is. Please provide more information regarding what you are trying to accomplish.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.