InMotion Central makes it easy to copy a site to a different environment. This can save time by allowing you to replicate sites and test the copy without making changes to the original website.
Some examples of how you can use this tool is for testing a plugin/WordPress update or modifying CSS to ensure it will work correctly with your site. In this guide, we’ll show you how to copy a site to another environment with InMotion Central.
How to Copy a Site
- Login to InMotion Central.
- Roll your mouse over the project you want to copy and click The Bridge button.
- If you have multiple environments, you may have to click Environment then choose the one you want to copy.
- Click Tools then Copy To in the menu.
- In the first drop-down menu, choose the website environment you want to copy from.
- In the next field choose an Environment you want to replace, or the New Development Cloud option to copy the site to a new environment.
- Click the Copy button. The site will then overwrite the existing environment or a copy will be made in a new environment. Keep in mind that the amount of time this takes will differ based on the site and setup of the site you are copying.
- Once the site copy completes, you can click the Environment link to switch between the website environments.
Congratulations, now you know how to copy a site to another environment with InMotion Central!