As we continue our series on the BoxTrapper tool, we will now show you how to use the Whitelist, Blacklist, and Ignore list in BoxTrapper. This allows you to control who is and is not allowed to email you. This can increase the chance of valid emails being delivered successfully and help reduce the amount of spam you receive. The steps are the same for all three lists, but in this example we are working with the Blacklist.
Whitelist, Blacklist, and Ignore
- Log into your cPanel.
- Click the BoxTrapper link in the Email section.
- Click the Manage link next to the email address you want to configure.
- Click the Edit White/Black/Ignore Lists link.
- Click the list you want to edit. Options are Edit Whitelist, Edit Ignore List, and Edit Blacklist. In this example, we are editing the Blacklist.
- You can then add rules for blacklisting. cPanel advises “The list should contain one entry per line. Each entry should be formatted as a Perl regular expression. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org would be john\@example\.com and all addresses at example.com would be “.+\@example\.com” (without the quotation marks). In my example, I am blacklisting all emails from “email@example.com”.
- Once you have added rules as needed, click the Save button.
You are finished when you see a message stating “Your changes have been saved.”
Congratulations, now you know how to use the Whitelist, Blacklist, and Ignore list in BoxTrapper! In the next guide, we will show you how to edit the BoxTrapper Forward List.