Jetpack provides a basic form option as one of the blocks in the WordPress editor. The form is basic and sends notifications to you via email when the form is filled. Although the form isn’t necessarily the prettiest, it does have a lot of options and provides a useful way to add a form without having to learn a new plugin. Follow the steps below to learn how to add and use the form using the Jetpack plugin.
The steps in this article require that you have the Jetpack plugin loaded on your WordPress site.
Get an optimized, secure home for your WordPress site by subscribing to InMotion Hostings’ WordPress Hosting solutions.
How to Add the Form in a WordPress Post
Adding a block to a post or page requires that you are logged into the WordPress Administrator Dashboard. Use the directions below to get the Jetpack form onto your site. You will be required to name the form and provide a valid email address in order to use the form in your page or post.
- Create or edit a page or post.
- Click on the circled + sign to add a new block.
- Scroll to the Jetpack section and select the Form block (as seen above).
- Once you’ve added the block you will see two fields that start the form process. You will need to add a valid email address and a subject line. Click on Add Form when you have these fields filled out.
- This will bring you to the form. You will be able to name the fields, add fields, and make them required or not. Once you have the form the way you want it, make sure to click on Save Draft, Publish or Update to save your changes.
Exploring the Form Fields in the Jetpack Form
Although the form’s formatting is basic, the actual options for the fields are fairly expansive. To add a new field, simply click on the plus sign at the bottom of the form. Use the table below to learn about the different fields you can add in the Jetpack form.
|Field name||Description of the field|
|Viewer’s email address|
|Website||URL for a website|
|Date Picker||Allows the viewer to add a selected date|
|Telephone||The phone number provided by the user|
|Checkbox||Provides a blank field with a checkbox|
|Checkbox group||Allows you to create a group of blank fields with checkboxes|
|Radio||Allows you to create a blank field with a radial button|
|Select||Create a blank field(s) that asks the user to select one|
Once the form is complete, it can be used on your WordPress site to provide feedback from your viewers. All notifications will be provided to the administrator or moderator through email.
Congratulations! You now know how to add a form using the Jetpack plugin in WordPress. For more tips and tutorials, check our WordPress Educational channel.