One popular project management WordPress plugin is the Zephyr Project Manager plugin. This plugin contains a number of features designed to streamline team collaborative efforts and manage complex project workflows. In this article we will discuss some of the features available in Zephyr and provide instructions on various tasks within the plugin.
- Project and Task Management
- Android App
- Personalized Dashboards
- Email Notifications
- Using the Zephyr Project Manager Plugin
Project and Task Management
Zephyr allows you to create an unlimited number of separate projects and tasks that assist in project management and tracking. Tasks can be assigned to individual team members, allowing users to focus on specific tasks with preset start and end dates. By managing your tasks and projects in Zephyr, you can easily determine progression status at a glance with dashboard summaries and color-coded categories.
One way Zephyr enhances project organization is through the use of categories. These categories are labels that can be associated with a particular project or task, to help users keep track of which projects and tasks relate to different team initiatives. Instead of using generic labels for all projects and tasks, categories function as a simple way to organize ongoing workflows.
One unique feature of Zephyr is the Android mobile app that allows users to modify projects and tasks on-the-go and receive updates no matter where they are. Since other project management plugins do not support this type of access, the ability to access project management utilities through the Zephyr mobile app makes this plugin stand-out from the rest of the competition.
Another unique feature of Zephyr is that users receive personalized dashboards that display the project information that is most relevant to them. Instead of clicking through complicated menus to see what work has already been done, the personalized dashboards.
Zephyr also supports email notifications that allow users to receive project updates via email for convenient access and transparency. Rather than needing to login to the WordPress dashboard to see important notifications, you can set up Zephyr to send you email notifications so you never miss an update.
Using the Zephyr Project Manager Plugin
Getting Started With Zephyr
- First, access the plugin by selecting Zephyr Project Manager from the left-hand navigation menu in the WordPress dashboard.
- If this is your first time using the plugin, you will need to click “Get started and create your first project” to proceed.
- Once you’ve accessed the plugin, click the plus sign at top right of the screen to access a drop-down menu containing the following options: New Project, New Task, New Category, and New File. When you decide which one you’d like to create, select the option from the drop-down menu.
Creating Projects in Zephyr
The first step involved in using Zephyr is the creation of a project. After you’ve selected New Project from the drop-down menu mentioned in the previous section, you can proceed with the following steps:
- First, enter a name for your project in the project name field. This name should be something descriptive and easy to remember.
- Next, enter a brief description of the project in the project description field. This description should contain the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- After entering the description you can select which category you wish to assign to the project. If you don’t have any categories set up, you can leave this blank.categories
- Once you’ve filled out all relevant fields, you can click create project to complete the process.
Creating Tasks in Zephyr
Now that you’ve created a project, you can create tasks that correspond to individual projects. These tasks are the primary way to track project progress, with each task representing a discrete part of the overall project goal.
- First, enter the name of your task in the field labeled task name.
- Next, enter a brief description of your task in the task description field.
- After entering a name and description, attach the task to a project by clicking the drop-down menu labeled select project.
- The next step is to select assignees from the drop-down menu. These assignees are based on WordPress usernames. Assign the relevant users to the project if necessary.
- After selecting assignees, you can assign the project to a specific team by using the drop-down menu labeled select team.
- Next, specify the dates for the task in the fields labeled start date and due date.
- After specifying the dates for the task, you can specify the status of a given task using the drop-down menu and selecting either Not Started or In Progress.
- Next, you can specify how frequently the task occurs, if at all. Select the field labeled recurrency to access the drop-down menu and select from the following options: daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Before finishing the task creation process, you can create a custom field by clicking add custom field at the bottom of the menu. This can be used to create additional organizational fields such as word count, estimated time for the task, etc.
- In addition to adding custom fields, you can also attach a file to the task by clicking add file at the bottom of the menu.
- Once done, click create task to save the task.
Creating New Categories in Zephyr
One of the best ways to organize your projects and tasks in Zephyr is through the use of categories. To create a new category select this option from the drop-down menu mentioned in the first section. This will then open a pop-up menu for the creation of the category using the following steps:
- First, enter a name for the category in the name field. This name should be descriptive and clear for optimal organization.
- Next, enter a brief description of the category to help identify the purpose of the category in the description field.
- The last step is to specify a color-code for the new category by clicking select color. Use the color slider to choose which color you want to associate with the new category.
- Once done, click create category to save your changes.
Congratulations, you now know how to create new projects, tasks, and categories in the Zephyr Project Manager plugin!