In this article, you can learn:
This article explains how to install the Advanced Custom Fields plugin for WordPress Hosting. It also provides insight into setting up the plugin.
NOTICE: Advanced Custom Fields for WordPress is just one way to customize your website’s content. Check out the many features WordPress Hosting by InMotion Hosting includes and host your customized website in an environment that is developed for optimal performance.
How to Install Advanced Custom Fields
From within the WordPress administrative dashboard, you can install the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. Follow the steps below to learn how to install the plugin so you can begin creating custom fields for your WordPress website.
- Log into your WordPress administrative dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Enter advanced custom fields into the “Search plugins…” field.
- Click on the Install Now button to install Advanced Custom Fields by Elliot Condon.
- Once the installation completes, click on the Activate button.
Now, you know how to install and activate Advanced Custom Fields. Read on to learn more about setting up the plugin to customize your WordPress website.
How to Set Up Advanced Custom Fields
Once you have installed and activated the plugin, you can immediately begin using it. However, before you can create and configure custom fields, you will need to create a field group. Follow the steps below to create a field group.
- If you have not already, log into your WordPress administrative dashboard.
- Navigate to Custom Fields > Field Groups.
- Click the Add New button (located at the top of the page).
- Name the field group by entering a name into the Add title field.
NOTE: You can use any name you would like. Choose a name that will describe the field(s) added to the field group to keep your content organized.
- Click Publish to save your new field group.
That’s it! Now that you have installed and activated the plugin and created a new field group, you can begin creating advanced custom fields to customize your WordPress website’s content.