Jetpack allows you setup a mobile theme that you can use for your WordPress site. This allows you to have a non-responsive theme, but still have the option to support mobile devices. Follow the directions below in order to enable the theme.
Enabling the Mobile theme and its options in Jetpack
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard
- In the menu at left, click on Jetpack.
- In the Jetpack Dashboard, click on Writing at the top of the screen. If you are not already on the portion of the settings
- Scroll down until you see section labeled Theme enhancements. You will see too options: Infinite Scroll and Enable the Jetpack Mobile theme Click on the slider to enable the mobile theme.
- Review the table below to see and select the options that you may want to add to your mobile site. Click on the slider next to each option in order to activate it.
Use excerpts instead of full posts on front page and archive pages Show featured images Show an ad for the WordPress mobile apps in the footer of the mobile theme.
Congratulations! You have have enabled the Jetpack Mobile theme for your WordPress site! To learn more about Jetpack, please check out our articles in the InMotion Hosting Support Center.