While your website is under construction, you may choose to display an Under Construction page to notify your visitors. Using the UnderConstruction plugin by Web Factory, you can easily customize the page to encourage your visitors to engage with you using social media. In this guide, you can learn how to add social media icons to your Under Construction page.
WARNING: The following instructions require that you have installed the WordPress plugin: Under Construction by Web Factory.
Add Social Media Icon(s)
- Log into your WordPress Administrative Dashboard.
- Hover over the Settings menu option and click on UnderConstruction.
- Click on the Content tab.
- Scroll down to the section “Social & Contact Icons“. Here you can enter the URL for each of the social media pages/profiles you would like to display on your under construction page.
For instance, navigate to your Facebook Page for your company. Copy the URL from the address bar, when you are on that page, and then paste the URL into the field labeled Facebook Profile.
- Click the Save Changes button below.
- Repeat this process for each social media icon you want to display.
Congratulations! Now, you know how to add social media icons to your under construction page, when you create it using the UnderConstruction plugin for WordPress.