In this article:
- What is the Facebook Messenger Customer Chat Plugin?
- Advantages of the Facebook Messenger Customer Chat Plugin
- Install and Setup
- Troubleshooting Tips
What is the Facebook Messenger Customer Chat Plugin?
If you’re looking for a way to elevate your WordPress website, consider improving the way you communicate with your customers. No matter what size your business is, customer support and communication are likely vital to your organization’s success.
Streamlining and simplifying how you connect with customers can help grow your brand while saving you time and money.
Possibly the most effective way to accomplish this via your WordPress site is to add the Facebook Messenger Customer Chat WordPress plugin to your site’s arsenal.
The customer chat plugin automatically loads recent chat history between you and your customers, meaning any recent interactions with customers on messenger.com, the Messenger app, or in the customer chat plugin on your website will be visible on all three.
Not on WordPress yet?
Advantages of the Facebook Messenger Customer Chat Plugin
The Facebook Messenger Customer Chat plugin allows you to create a streamlined experience for your customers, and enables you to continue the conversation even after they have left your WordPress site. It also eliminates the need to capture customer information for follow up communications. Simply pick up where you left off in the same conversation in Messenger.
In an age where social media has changed the way companies communicate and market to customers, your website’s “Contact Us” section is becoming increasingly outdated.
The Facebook Messenger Customer Chat plugin is a great way to demonstrate your business has its finger on the pulse of current communication trends.
And while it’s likely your business has a Facebook page, why not drive traffic to your WordPress website and engage them through Facebook Messenger there?
Not only can the customer chat plugin improve your marketing and communication capabilities, but it’s 100 percent free, making it an extremely effective way to grow your business without increasing your spend.
Install and Setup
Installation and setup for the Facebook Messenger Customer Chat plugin is simple and easy. To install the plugin, simply search for, download, and install the plugin through your WordPress administrator panel, just like you would any other WordPress plugin.
New to installing a WordPress plugin?
NOTE! This plugin requires WordPress Version 3.9 or higher, so you’ll want to make sure you update to the latest version of WordPress before you begin.
If you’re experiencing issues getting the Facebook Messenger Customer Chat plugin to render properly, try the tips below.
If you need additional help troubleshooting plugin issues, check out our article on Troubleshooting WordPress Plugins.
- If you see an error message reading “Refused to display *** in a frame because an ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy directive: ***,” check that page domain that the plugin is being rendered on has been whitelisted. You may also need to ensure you have not set the Referrer-Policy header to “no-referrer.”
- If you’re using Firefox, the Firefox Facebook Container Add-On prevents the plugin from showing up. You’ll need to remove the add-on if you want the plugin to render.
- Additionally, private Firefox desktop browsers (version 63 and above) and Firefox mobile browsers block content tracking by default, which prevents the plugin from rendering. Turn off content blocking to see the plugin render.
Available on all InMotion Hosting Plans, and featuring an intuitive user experience and a slate of valuable features all at no cost, the Facebook Messenger Customer Chat plugin might be just the tool you need to take your website and business to the next level.
Not sure which web hosting plan is right for your business needs? Let us help!
Contact InMotion today to get started!