While Moodle offers many different resources for course assessments, one of the most common is the Multiple Choice Question. These questions can be placed in quizzes and tests, making it easy to build out comprehensive course assessments in relatively short order. In this article, we will explore how to create a multiple choice question in Moodle.
Use multiple choice questions in Moodle to set up online classes with your Dedicated Hosting plan!
Creating a Multiple Choice Question in Moodle
- Log into the Moodle Dashboard.
- Before you can create multiple choice questions, you will first need to create a course.
- After creating the course, you should have a list of topics included in the course. Under the topic you wish to create a question for, click Add an Activity or Resource.
- On the next page, you will see a series of icons for different activities and resources. Select the icon labeled Quiz.
- The next page will prompt you to set a name for the quiz as well as a description. Once these have been filled out, click Save and Return to Course.
- The quiz should now show up under the topic on the course page. Click on this quiz to view it.
- On the next page, click on the Edit Quiz button.
- On this page, click on the Add button to access the drop down menu, then select A new Question.
- The page will then prompt you to select the question type. Select Multiple Choice and click Add.
- The next page is a form that allows you to create the multiple choice question. Fill out all fields with the question you wish to ask. When done, click Save Changes.
- Next, fill in the Choices. There must be at least 2 choices for the multiple choice question to be used. The Feedback will display when an answer is selected.
Important! The Grade for at least one Choice will need to be set to 100%
The combined feedback section will be used for adding feedback to multiple choice questions that are set to multiple answers allowed.
- Click Save Changes.
Congratulations, you now know how to create multiple choice questions in Moodle!