How to Upgrade PHP using EasyApache 4
You can easily upgrade or update your server's version of PHP using the EasyApache 4 tool in WHM (Web Host Manager). In this tutorial we will show walk you through the update/upgrade steps. If you came here from our article on how to pass PCI compliance scans, outdated versions of PHP are a common thing that can cause your website to fail a PCI scan. So understanding how to update PHP on your own using EasyApache in WHM is great knowledge to have in order to help keep your website PCI compliant.
Upgrading PHP with EasyApache
- Log into WHM as the "root" user.
- In the search box type 'easy' then click the EasyApache 4 option.
- Click the Customize button next to Currently Installed Packages.
- Click the PHP Versions link.
There is no need to adjust this setting to update that PHP version.
- To install additional PHP versions, click the slider next to the options. In this example, I am installing PHP 7.1.
- Click the Review button once you have chosen which packages to update/install.
- The Review page will list all the changes you are about to make. Scroll to the bottom, and click the Provision button to proceed.
- You are finished when you see a message stating "The provision process is complete." Click the Done button to return to the main EasyApache 4 page.
Congratulations, now you know how to update and upgrade the PHP version on your server!