Installing WordPress 3.5 manually
In the event you cannot use Softaculous to install WordPress, you can install WordPress manually by downloading the files and uploading them to your server. This tutorial will teach you how to install WordPress manually on your server.
Once you get the file you should have the following file on your computer.
Now that you have the necessary files to install WordPress, you can go to your cPanel and upload the files, set up the database and config file for WordPress to work. Below are the steps to Install WordPress on your server manually.
Steps to install WordPress manually
- Login into your cPanel.
- Go to the File Manager. Select the directory you want to install your WordPress on and click Go.
- Extract the wordpress-3.5.1.zip file in the directory for your WordPress site.
Note! If you extract the file, the files will go into a Wordpress folder. You will need to move the files from the WordPress folder directly to your Site document root directory.
You should have the files all in the root directory like the snapshot to the right.
- Next, you will need to make a copy of the wp-config-sample.php file.
- Create a database and Database user. Add the user to the database with full permissions.
Important! Save the database name, username, and database user password. You will need this in the next step.
- With the File Manager code editor, edit the wp-config.php file. Change the database name, username, and password in the wp-config.php file.
Save the changes.
- Visit your domain that you uploaded the WordPress files to. You will have an installation screen like the snapshot to the right.
Enter the Site title, username, password and your email address for your WordPress Dashboard admin login. Click Install WordPress.
You will now have a Success screen pop up. You can Log into the WordPress Dashboard by clicking Log in.
An introduction to WordPress
|1.||What is WordPress?|
|2.||What kind of website can I build with WordPress?|
|3.||The WordPress Site Structure Explained|
|4.||Getting Started: How to install Wordpress|
|5.||How to install WordPress using Softaculous|
|6.||Installing WordPress 3.5 manually|
|7.||Installing WordPress on an Add-on Domain|
|8.||Installing WordPress using your Temporary URL|
|9.||Logging into your WordPress Dashboard|
|10.||Configuring your WordPress Home Page|
Managing WordPress content
|11.||Wordpress Pages vs Posts|
|12.||Writing your first WordPress Blog Post|
|13.||Creating a WordPress Page|
|14.||Adding HTML to a Wordpress Page/Post|
|15.||Creating a link in Wordpress|
|16.||Allowing User Registration in Wordpress|
|17.||Creating a Wordpress User in the Dashboard|
|18.||Changing a User's Role In Wordpress|