Securing your osCommerce contact form with the Simple Captcha Add-On
When you install osCommerce, you will have a Contact form by default set up for your shop. The Contact form provided works well, except, there is no validation preventing robots from filling the form out. This article will explain how to secure your website contact form using the Simple Captcha Add-On.
Download the captcha module
Before you can set up the captcha on your contact form, you will need to download the files from the osCommerce Add-On site. Visit the link below and download the osC-2.3.1-simple-captcha-1.2.zip file with the Add-On code.
Once you get the osC-2.3.1-simple-captcha-1.2.zip file on your computer, follow the steps below.
Steps to add a captcha to your contact form
- Upload the files in the catalog folder to your osCommerce installation directory.
- Upload the example-bh63v.jpg image file to your images directory in your osCommerce installation folder.
- Rename the image to captcha.jpg.
- Create a folder in your osCommerce installation folder and call it "fonts".
- Upload your font to the font directory for the captcha to work. In this tutorial we are using the Aerovias Brasil font available here.
- Edit the following file.
- Paste the following code into the validations.php file before the
?>at the bottom of the page.
define('CAPTCHA_FONT', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'fonts/truetypefont.ttf'); define('CAPTCHA_LOAD', 'images/captcha.jpg'); define('CAPTCHA_IMAGE', DIR_FS_CATALOG . CAPTCHA_LOAD);
Note! You will need a font uploaded. Make sure you change the truetypefont.ttf file name to your font file name. In this case the path will be AeroviasBrasil.ttf.
Save the changes.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?
News / Announcements
Adding security to osCommerce
|1.||How to Secure the configure.php File for osCommerce|
|2.||How to Secure Your osCommerce Site with the htaccess/htpasswd|
|3.||Securing your osCommerce contact form with the Simple Captcha Add-On|