Setting up an Email Forwarder
Email forwarding is a way to send an email that is delivered to one email address to a different email address.
What are Email Forwarders?
Email forwarders allow you to send a copy of an email from one email address to another email address automatically. If you have multiple email addresses for your business one good use for email forwarders is to have all the messages forward to one account. So if you have firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org email addresses all of them can be sent to one account such as email@example.com. That way, you will no longer have to check all the email accounts. You will only need to check the firstname.lastname@example.org account. Setting up email forwarders can be done through cPanel or through your webmail login page:
Creating a forwarder in cPanel
- Log into the cPanel.
- Navigate to the Mail > Forwarders section.
- On the forwarders page, click Add Forwarder.
- On the Add a New Forwarder page, Fill in the following sections
Address: Type the email address username in the Address to Forward: and select the domain from the drop box the user name is for.
Destination: Type the full email address that you want to forwarder emails to in the text box.
Click Add Forwarder.
Now the Add a New Forwarder page should show:
All email sent to email@example.com will now be copied to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note! You can add multiple email addresses to your forwarder separated by commas to set a forwarder for multiple email addresses at once. Like the following:
Congratulations, the email forwarder was created in the cPanel mail forwarders. Now when going to the Email Account Forwarders page, the forwarder will show up on the list. Now let's see how we can set up a forwarder through Webmail.
Creating a forwarder through Webmail
- Start by logging into webmail. Remember, you can log into webmail by visiting your-domain.com/webmail. Also be sure to use the full email address as the username and the password associated with the email account you are logging into.
- Now, you will need to verify you are logged into the correct email address and click "Forwarding Options"
- This screen shows you currently have no forwarders set up. Click the "Add Forwarder" button
- Fill in the field with the address to forward to and click "add forwarder"
- Now, go back to "forwarding options" and verify that your forwarder is set up properly!
Please check the next article on Email Calendars Explained. If you missed our previous article, please see the Setting up an Email Autoresponder in Webmail tutorial. For more information on this course please visit Email Features
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?
News / Announcements
|1.||Configuration Options and Editing your Email Profile|
|2.||Managing your Address Book|
|3.||Adding an Email Signature|
|4.||Setting up an Email Autoresponder in Webmail|
|5.||Setting up an Email Forwarder|
|6.||Email Calendars Explained|