The idea of backing up your data isn’t new. From documents to spreadsheets and even games, we all know saving our data is an important rule of digital life.
Of course, this rule also extends to your website. Backing up your WordPress site is critical for the health and safety of your business and online presence. It allows you to make updates to your site without worry and protects you from malicious hackers — giving you the ability to quickly and easily restore your website with a backup should anything go wrong. [Of note, when completing site updates, you can also create a duplicate of your website for testing and production.]
There are a few ways you can backup your WordPress website, including backup plugins, cPanel, over email, and more. In addition, you can create, schedule, restore, download, and delete backups as needed.
Continue reading for resources on how to:
- Create WordPress Backup
- Schedule WordPress Backup
- Download WordPress Backup
- Restore WordPress Backup
- Delete WordPress Backup
Enjoy fast, secure hosting optimized for your WordPress site with our WordPress Hosting plans.
Articles for Backing Up Your WordPress Site
Create WordPress Backup
- How to Backup WordPress with All-in-One WP Migration
- How to Install the UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin
- How to Backup WordPress with UpdraftPlus
- Creating WordPress backups with WP Remote
- How to Set Up Backups with your WordPress Hosting Plan
- How to Backup WordPress with BackWPup
- How to Backup WordPress to File with Duplicator
- How to Backup WordPress to Dropbox
- How to Backup WordPress over Email
- How to Backup WordPress with FTP
Schedule WordPress Backup
- Creating and scheduling WordPress database backups with iThemes Security
- How to Schedule Backups in WordPress with BackWPup
- Automatic WordPress backups with ManageWP
Download WordPress Backup
- How to Download a WordPress Backup in All-in-One WP Migration
- Downloading a WordPress Backup with UpdraftPlus
Restore WordPress Backup
Delete WordPress Backup
For more WordPress tips and tricks, check out our WordPress EDU Channel!