Note that you will need root access in order to use these directions.
In this guide, we will go over how to optimize your MySQL service for fast queries and load times on your Dedicated server. You will need to log into the command line interface as the root user to continue on with this tutorial.
This script performs many functions but mostly checks for fragmented tables that need to be repaired, uptime statistics, and security issues that it may find.
- Log in to your server via SSH as the “root” user.
- Change to the /usr/src/ directory.
- Download the mysqltuner.pl script.
wget https://mysqltuner.pl -O mysqltuner.pl
- Run the downloaded script.
- MySQL will generate a report with information on how to improve MySQL performance.
Warning: We recommend only making changes if you have in-depth experience with MySQL services. Otherwise, we recommend contacting our Managed Hosting team or an experienced system administrator for further assistance.
Congratulations, now you know how to optimize your MySQL service for fast queries and load times.