In this tutorial, we will be installing the PHP Handler DSO with Mod_RUID2 via the EasyApache 3 script in the command line interface. Please keep in mind that this tutorial requires you to be logged in with your root user.
Note that you will need root access in order to use these directions.
How to Install DSO + RUID2
- Log into your servers command line interface as the root user.
- Run the following to start up easyapache.
- A window will come up regarding previous build issues just hit tab and select no.
- If you get a window asking you to upgrade cPanel you can also select no as it will not hinder what you are trying to accomplish.
- At this point it will provide profiles to load. You can go ahead and select (spacebar) the Mod Ruid2 build.
- If you need custom PHP or Apache module loaded or removed as well then you can hit tab and select Customize Profile. If not then you select Build Profile.
- You will need to confirm what you are doing by selecting Yes to rebuild apache.
- Another prompt will show up asking you to acknowledge you unstand the changes being made to the server, you will need to select I Understand before the program will continue.
- Read this tutorial on how to enable DSO as your PHP handler.
DSO is a good PHP handler to use when you need something that loads faster which is mostly for eCommerce websites. DSO will also allow you to use Zend Opcache as this is not available for suPHP.