Distribution / Mailing Lists - Bulk Mailing Information RequestWritten by Brad Markle
All of our business-class hosting plans come with the ability to send out mailing lists. Please note that the customer must provide their own mailing list software from any source of their choice, and we are limited to only being able to provide technical assistance for server-side variables involved with the software.
In order to comply with spam regulations, we must authorize all mailing lists/bulk mailings that exceed our maximum hourly mailing limit, before they can be successfully sent from the system.
You will need to request authorization in AMP to have the limits adjusted. Once we receive your information, an administrator will review the request and determine if the activity is suitable for your hosting package. You will be notified in timely manner once the decision has been reached.
Once logged into AMP, select "other" under the Additional Services heading:
Once you have selected "Other" Select the plan in the center of the page:
Next, in the list, select "Request Email Limit Exemption"
You will presented with a form with the questions listed below. Answer each of the questions in the box provided:
In AMP, the following questions will need to be answered.
- What domain will be sending out the list? (If your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then 'yourdomain.com' would be your sending domain)
- What is the total amount of recipients on your mailing list?
- How many emails do you plan to send out per hour?
- How often will this mailing list be sent (daily, weekly, monthly)?
- What is the source of the emails (did you purchase the list, collect them from your site)?
- Is there an "Opt Out" link in each email?
- What software do you plan to use to send your mail?
- What methods will you use to 'rate limit' the mailing list as it is sent out? Rate-limiting refers to the rate of which the emails in your list are being sent out.
Prior to submitting this request in AMP, please review our three basic guidelines for mailing limit increases:
- All mailing lists exceeding our server-based hourly mailing limit must be approved by our staff.
- Your mailing list must be opt-in only. We do not approve mailing limit increases for lists that have been purchased or obtained from a third-party, or where the recipient(s) did not specifically opt-in to receive email from you. Such is often considered unsolicited email (SPAM) and can result in our IP addresses being blacklisted.
- Emails sent as part of your mailing list must have a visible opt-out link present. A postal mailing address is not acceptable as an opt-out method.
Once you have answered all of the questions in detail, click submit. One of our team members will review your request and notify you of the decision.