How to turn on error reporting in PrestaShop 1.5Written by Scott Mitchell
When developing your store, there may be times when you run into problems and need to see the error messages. By default, error reporting is turned off. This prevents error messages from being displayed in the browser. Enabling the error reporting will allow the message to display in the browser to give you an idea of there the problem may lie. This is a very handy tool when debugging or troubleshooting any odd store behavior. Turning on error reporting in PrestaShop 1.5 is fairly simple.
To enable error reporting in PrestaShop 1.5:
- Log into your hosting admin dashboard, control panel, SSH, or FTP client.
- Navigate to the PrestaShop 1.5 root folder.
- From there, navigate the path /config/config.inc.php
- Open up the config.inc.php file in the text editor.
- Find the line of code that reads "@ini_set('display_errors', 'off')" This is line 29 by default in PrestaShop 1.5
- Change it to read "@ini_set('display_errors', 'on')"
- Save the config.inc.php file back to the path, overwriting the existing file if needed.
NOTE: Be sure to turn it back off once you do not need it, this is for troubleshooting only.
You have now turned on error reporting in PrestaShop 1.5!