Setting a product On Sale in PrestaShop 1.6
Everyone loves a deal!
When we go shopping, my wife loves to look for sales. Sometimes we know about specific items because we got a flyer in the mail or local paper. Some stores, like my local Target, post the sales flyer at the front of the store.
We browse the sale items to see if any of them look like a good deal. Often we will find an item we have been wanting but putting off because it was not crucial. Other times we see something on sale where the price seems to be just right, so we purchase it, whether we needed it or not.
Sales can get customers to purchase sooner rather than later, or even get them to spend money on something they initially did not intend on purchasing. It works great in the brick and mortar stores and can work just as well in the online world.
PrestaShop operates in somewhat the same way. You can declare an item on sale and it is posted in the front of your store so visitors can take notice when they first arrive. Perhaps the item is just what the visitor was looking for, or perhaps the sale price just made sense and they decide to purchase. Either way, it is a win for you.
How to set a product to 'On Sale'
Setting an item to an On Sale status in PrestaShop is relatively easy. It is done on an individual basis, meaning there is not a way to set multiple products on sale at the same time. Follow these instructions to learn how.
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.6 admin interface.
- Click on the Catalog link from the left hand menu and then click on the Product option.
- From the main Product list page, find the product you want to place on sale and click on the Edit option on the right side of the product row.
- Look to the tabs on the left and click on the Prices tab.
- From the Prices data tab, look for a checkbox with the description "Display the 'on sale' icon on the product page, and in the text found within the product listing." Click on the checkbox to activate the 'On Sale' status.
- Click on the Save and Stay button in the Product Price section.
- Next, look to the lower section titled Specific Prices to set the details of the sale. There are different options here, but for our example, we allow the discount to apply to all customers. We decided to allow a 10% discount.
- Click on the Save button in the lower right corner of the section.
Check out the view
Now that you have set a product to Sale status, it will display differently within your store. For instance, it will have a preferential status and display on the front page of your store under the Popular category. The product itself will display the Sale banner in the corner of the image. This is shown on the front page of the store as well as the quick view and the product's detail page as you can see below.
Now that you know how to set products on sale it is tile to go set some sale items and see what happens. Who knows, you may get some customers like me or my wife who cannot pass up a good deal!
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!