How to log into your Web Host Manager (WHM)Written by Brad Markle
Web Host Manager can be accessed in two ways, through AMP and through a special URL.
What is my WHM Username and Password?
cPanel is tied into WHM, and because of this, you'll use the same username and password that you log into cPanel with to log into WHM. If you change your cPanel password, it is changing your WHM password as well.
How to Access WHM from within AMP
To access WHM from within AMP:
- Log into AMP
- Under the "Control Panel" heading in the right sidebar, click "Work in Control Panels"
- Under the account in question, click the "WHM" link
How to Access WHM from your domain
WHM operates over two different ports:
- 2086 (does not use SSL)
- 2087 (Uses SSL)
You can log into WHM using variations of your domain name. Some of the options log you in over an SSL encrypted connection, and others don't. For security reasons, we recommend you always login over ssl. The following is a list of various URLs you can use to log into your WHM:
- https://vps####.inmotionhosting.com:2087 (SSL) - This URL should be entered as https://hostname.com:2087. As you're going over an SSL connection and your hostname uses a self signed certificate, you may receive an SSL warning. It is safe to accept the warning and continue.
- YourDomain.com/whm (non SSL)
- whm.YourDomain.com (non SSL)
Note! If you are unable to connect to your WHM with YourDomain.com/whm or vps####.inmotionhosting.com:2087, you may have a block on those ports. Using the whm.YourDomain.com URL will go over the proxy port 80. Port 80 is the standard internet port so you should have no problem connecting with whm.YourDomain.com.