Creating a new forum in Drupal 8
After enabling the forum module, you will want to begin to create your new community by adding new forums to your website. By default, your forums will have a single forum named General Discussion. Below we will guide you on how to create more forums so that your visitors can interact with each other, expanding your community powered by Drupal 8.
How to create a new forum
- Log into your Drupal 8 dashboard.
- Using the top menu bars, select Menu and then Extend.
- This brings you to the modules list page. Scroll down the page until you locate the Forum module. Click on the Description to the right of the module. This should read Provides discussion forums.. A small section should expand.From this section, click on the Configure link to continue.
- You are now on the main Forums page. From here click on the Add forum button.
- This leads you to the Forums page where you can adjust the settings for your forum.
Forum Name Name the forum. Being descriptive here helps. Description Describe the purpose of the particular form. Weight Weight determines the display order of forums. The lower the number, the less it 'weighs' so the higher on the list it will appear. For example, a forum with a weight of 0 will display above a forum with a weight of 1. Parent If you want to make a forum a 'child' or 'subforum' of another, you will select the parent forum from this dropdown. If, for instance, you had an 'Animals' forum and wanted the 'Dogs' forum to be a subforum, you would select the 'Animals' form from this dropdown. URL Alias Forums, like all other nodes, will get a default ID, such as node/1. You can name this forum node to be something more descriptive, such as dogs.
- Once you have entered the data for your new forum, click on the Save button in the lower left-hand corner of the page to activate it. Now, when you visit your site's form section, you will see the new forum on the display list.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?
News / Announcements
Working with forums in Drupal 8
|1.||Removing an existing forum in Drupal 8|
|2.||Creating a new forum in Drupal 8|
|3.||Configuring basic forum settings in Drupal 8|
|4.||Enabling the forum module in Drupal 8|