How to setup VirtueMart Shipping
VirtueMart includes one option by default to handle shipping, VM - Shipment, By weight, ZIP and countries. This shipping module allows you to set shipping prices based upon the weight of the order and which zip code / country the order is being shipped to. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps for setting up a shipping option for products under 10 pounds.
To configure VM - Shipment, By weight, ZIP and countries:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Components and click VirtueMart
- In the left menu, click Shop and then click Shipment Methods
- Click New in the top right menu
- Fill out the details under the Shipment Method Information, and then click Save in the top right menu. We entered the following details:
Shipment Name Standard Shipping (under 10 pounds) Published Yes Shipment Description This shipping method is only available for orders 10 pounds or less. Shipment Method VM - Shipment, By weight, ZIP and countries
- Click the Configuration tab, and then fill out the details below and click Save & Close in the top right menu. We used the following settings:
Lowest Weight 0 Heights Weight 10 Weight Unit Pounds Minimum number of products 1 Maximum number of products 100 Minimum order amount .01 Maximum order amount 1000 Shipment Cost 5.00 Package Fee 0
- When you test your online store, you will now see your new VirtueMart Shipping option available! As we setup our shipping option for orders 10 pounds and less, be sure your order weight matches the shipping you just created during your testing or else it won't be available.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2014-05-31 1:56 am
IN MY SHOP I HAVE CATEGORY FREE-SHIPPING
ALL I NEED
IN THE END ACCOUNT IF THE ITEM HAVE CATEGORY FREE-SHIPPING
THE COST FOR SHIPPING IS 0
IT FOR ALL ITEM THAT HAVE CATEGORY FREE-SHIPPING
HOW CAN I DO THAT ?
2014-05-31 9:57 am
Thank you for your question. I found a helpful solution in the Official VirtueMart forums, here is a link to the post.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.