How to change the header banner image in WordPress
Modern WordPress themes have the capability to edit the header, footer and other theme areas within the Appearance section of the WordPress dashboard. This article will explain how to change the banner in the header of your WordPress site. The Theme we will use in this example is the "Twenty Twelve theme". Other themes use the same steps to edit the banner.
Steps to change the Header banner
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Appearance > Header.
- To upload a new banner, click the browse button. Find your banner on your local computer and click the upload button.
Important! Keep in mind the banner must be made to the size the Theme requires. In this example, the Twenty Twelve theme requires the size to be 960px wide by 250px height. Each theme will have their own image size requirement.
- You will be taken to the Crop Header Image page. You can adjust the size of the image and click Crop and Publish. You can also skip the Cropping and Publish the image as is.
- You will see the preview of the site with the banner.
Thank you for your feedback!