Configuring basic forum settings in Drupal 8
Now that you have enabled the forum module and created your first forums, you will want to begin to customize the forums section of your website. This involves changing how the form content displays to your visitors. Follow the instructions below to begin to configure your Drupal 8 forum.
How to configure your forum module in Drupal 8
- Log into your administrative dashboard.
- From the main menu bar, select menu and then Extend from the secondary menu bar.
- Once you are on the Extend page, scroll down and locate the Forum module. Click on the description of the module, which reads Provides discussion forums.. This opens up a bit more information for the module. Click on the Configure link to continue.
- This leads you to the Forums page. Look to the upper right corner of the screen and click on the Settings tab.
- The Settings tab gives you several configuration settings for your forum:
Hot Topic Threshold Once a topic receives the number of replies selected from the dropdown,it will become a 'Hot Topic' and be displayed as such on the forum> the dropdown ranges in different increments between 5 and 500. Topics per page Forums are separated into pages if they have more than a few replies. This number sets the max number of replies before the others will be set to another page. Default Order This determines how the replies are displayed> By default, the newest replies are at the top, but you are able to set them based on either date or popularity.
- Once you have configured the settings as you desire, click on the Save configuration button found at the bottom of the page. This will save and activate any changes you have made.
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
Working with forums in Drupal 8
|1.||Removing an existing forum in Drupal 8|
|2.||Creating a new forum in Drupal 8|
|3.||Configuring basic forum settings in Drupal 8|
|4.||Enabling the forum module in Drupal 8|