Configuring a contact form in Drupal 8
One of the more common pages found on websites is the contact form page. This is normally a page with some type of a form that the user can fill out. The content is then sent to a specific email address so the feedback can be reviewed and responded to. This tutorial will guide you on how to configure the contact form in Drupal 8.
How to configure your contact form
- Log into your Drupal 8 admin interface.
- From the the topmost menu bar, select the Menu tab.
- Next, click on the the Structure link from the second menu bar that appears.
- You are now presented with the Structure page where you can see all the different structure types. Click on the Content form categories.
- This page shows the different contact form categories. By default there are two, one named Personal feedback and one named Website feedback. We will be working with the Website feedback. Click on the Edit link to the right of that category.
- The Edit contact category page appears where you can edit the standard information for the contact form. Be sure to check the box labeled Make this the default category to use this form for your site.
Label This is the name of the contact form that displays in the category list. This can be anything you like, but be sure to give it a descriptive name. Recipients This is the list of email addresses that will receive the feedback. You can enter more than one, simply separate each email address with a comma. Auto-reply If you wish to send an auto-reply message, enter your message here. Weight This affects how the contact category displays in the list, the lower the number, the 'lighter' the category so the higher on the list it will appear. Categories with the same weight will be sorted alphabetically. Make this the default category Checking this checkbox will select this category as the default form.
- Once you have entered the information for the category, click on the Save button in order to save and activate the data. Visit the site and you will see a Contact link in the lower left corner of the page. If you wish to make the Contact form part of the menu, you will need to refer to our article entitled Adding a contact form to a menu in Drupal 8.
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Managing contact forms in Drupal 8
|1.||Adding a contact form to a menu in Drupal 8|
|2.||Configuring a contact form in Drupal 8|