How to Change your cPanel Password
In this tutorial:
Your cPanel password can be reset from within the Account Management Panel (AMP), or after logging into cPanel. In this guide we will show you how to accomplish both.
cPanel account passwords can only be changed through AMP for Shared Hosting accounts. If you have a VPS or Dedicated hosting account, please call / email / or chat with our Support Team for further assistance with resetting your cPanel password.
Reset your Password within AMP:
- Log into your AMP
- Under "Account & Billing" in the left menu, click "Details"
- Under "Active Subscriptions", locate the account you would like to reset the cPanel password for and click Reset Password underneath it
- The Reset Password page will load, fill in the fields and and click submit.
Reset Password from cPanel
- Login to cPanel.
- Click on the "change password" icon under the Preferences section:
- You will then be able to change your password by filling in the fields. Please note you must know your current password to change it.
You should now be able to log into your cPanel with your new password. If for whatever reason you have trouble resetting through AMP, please do not hesitate to contact support with a password reset request. cPanel offers security tools to keep your server secure and away from harm. Be sure to read our cPanel security features article.
Getting Started in cPanel
|1.||What is cPanel?|
|3.||The cPanel Layout|
|4.||How to Change your cPanel Password|
|5.||How to find server specifications in cPanel stats|
|6.||How to View Your PHP Version in cPanel|
|7.||Using the cPanel Video Tutorials|