Renaming files and folders in cPanel
There are many programs to install on your hosting account to help create or add to your website. These programs have many files and folders that are added to your file structure. Sometimes, you may want to rename files or folders. This may be for security reasons, such as renaming an administrative folder. They can also be used for debugging, by renaming folders or files to remove them from the program temporarily.
In this cPanel tutorial, we will demonstrate how to rename files and folders from within the File Manager tool.
How to rename a file or folder within cPanel's File Manager
- First, log into your cPanel dashboard.
- Next, look for the Files category and click on the File Manager tool icon.
- Once inside the file manager, locate the file or folder you want to rename. If you are renaming a folder, be sure you have not entered that folder. Right-click on the item you want to rename and select the Rename option.
- Enter the file or folder's new name.
- Once you are satisfied with the new name, click on the Rename File button.
You will see the newly renamed file or folder within your cPanel file structure view.
Congratulations, now you know how to rename a file in cPanel using the File Manager.
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Managing your Files in cPanel
|1.||How to Perform a Full Backup in cPanel|
|2.||Renaming files and folders in cPanel|
|3.||Using File Manager in cPanel|
|4.||How to Use the Code Editor in the cPanel File Manager|
|5.||Creating an Under Construction or Coming Soon page|