Zend Framework is a free open-source PHP 5 framework designed to help programmers build applications based on the MVC model. In this tutorial, we will show you how to install Zend Framework on a shared server. If you are not familiar with Zend Framework, please read our article.
How to install Zend Framework
- The first step is to download the latest version of Zend Framework from their website. You'll need to create an account on the website and follow their instructions to do so. Make sure to use the Full Package download.
- Once you have downloaded the zip file to your local machine you will need to upload it to your public_html folder on the server.
- Create a folder in the public_html folder called "zf"
- Now, unzip the file you uploaded so the contents are in the "zf" folder.
- Now, you'll need to add the include_path to your php.ini file. If you're not familiar with your php.ini file please see our article.
- If you have not done so already, you'll need to set your php.ini file to be recursive. If you are not familiar with how to do this, please see our article.
- Now, that you have made sure the php.ini file is recursive you're finished!
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!