Importing Blogger data into WordPress
Customers that initially built their blog sites with Google Blogger (Blogspot) can have the blog information imported into their WordPress software by using the "Import" feature in the WordPress dashboard. WordPress has a built in "Import" feature that allows you to import different blogs like Blogspot, Tumblr, LiveJournal, and even WordPress. The import process is the same for each. This article will walk you through the steps in importing your Blogspot into your WordPRess on our server.
Importing a Blogger site into WordPress
- Log into the Wordpress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Tools > Import.
- On the list of sites to import, select "Blogger" from the list.
- On the install importer pop up box, click "Install now".
- The "Installing Plugin: Blogger Importer 0.5" screen click "Activate Plugin & Run Importer".
- Now the import Blogger page will show. Select the "Authorize" button.
- Your WordPress will direct you to Google to Grant access to your blogger site, click "Grant Access".
- Your Blog name and url should appear in the list of Blogger Blogs. When your Blogger site is updated, under "The Magic Button" column click "Import" and your blogger will be imported to your WordPress.
Congratulations! You have successfully imported your Google Blogspot blog into your Wordpress on your server.
Thank you for your feedback!