An overview of Taxes and Tax Rules in PrestaShop 1.5
When working with Taxes in PrestaShop 1.5, you'll come both Taxes and Tax Rules. Taxes and Tax Rules work together in order to create taxes in PrestaShop 1.5. In this tutorial, we'll give you an overview of these two items so you have a better understand of how they work.
What are Taxes in PrestaShop 1.5?
Taxes in PrestaShop 1.5 are essentially:
- A name to identify the tax on invoices, such as Sales-taxes US-VA 4%
- A tax rate, such as 4.000
Taxes don't have any geographical location associated with them, they are simply a label and a tax rate.
What are Tax Rules in PrestaShop 1.5?
A tax rule in PrestaShop 1.5 includes the following:
- A geographical location, such a Country, State, and Zip code.
- A behavior for the tax rule in the event multiple tax rules apply
- A tax (the tax described at the top of this page)
Tax Rules are assigned to a Tax, so taxes must be created before tax rules.
How to setup taxes within PrestaShop 1.5
Setting up taxes in PrestaShop 1.5 is a three step process. You can use the links below to help you get started.
Thank you for your feedback!