How to enable caching in the Smarty template engine in PrestaShop 1.5
Caching is an important part of increasing performance in your PrestaShop store. Enabling caching causes less server strain and faster page delivery to your customers. In this Prestashop article, you will learn how to enable the Smarty template engine caching for your store so your visitors will have a better shopping experience. Follow the instructions below to enable caching.
Enabling caching in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Advanced Preferences tab and select the Performance option.
- From this page, find the Smarty section, located at the top. From there, locate the Cache field and click on the radio button with the green checkmark.
- For further performance improvement, ensure that the Template Cache is not set to the Force Compile option.
- Once you have enabled the caching, select the green Save button located in the upper right corner of the screen to save the configuration.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!