Allowing Guest access without logging into MoodleWritten by James Richardson
In Moodle 2.3, there is a Guest user that can access certain areas of the site, even though they are not enrolled in a course. The Guest user will have read only access. Guest users can access the site; however, they still need to login to view anything. Moodle has the capability of turning off the Guest login. This is called Auto-login. This article will discuss how to disable the Guest login feature that Moodle has by default.
Enabling Auto-login for Guests
- Log into the Moodle Dashboard
- First the Guest enrolment plugin will need to be enabled. Navigate to Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins in the settings on the left.
- On the Manage Enrol plugins page, click the icon so the Guest user shows the icon. This enables the Guest plugin.
- Next, click the settings link for the guest user..
- On the Guest access page, set the Allow guest access drop box to Yes and check the Advanced checkbox.
Click Save changes.
- Now Navigate to Settings > Site administration > Users > Permissions > User policies. On the Auto-login guests setting, select the checkbox.
Click Save changes
Now when Guests visit the site, they can view the courses without logging in.