How to set a default user picture in Drupal 7
If you did not turn off the user picture ability, you may want to set a default picture for those users who are not using their own custom image. This helps maintain consistency and can even be used for branding. Editing the default picture in Drupal 7 can be done simply by using the following instructions.
Editing the default user picture in Drupal 7.
- Log into your Drupal 7 Admin dashboard.
- On the top menu bar, locate the Configuration option and click on it.
- This brings you to the main Configuration category screen. Find the subcategory named People and click on the Account Settings link.
- Once on the Account Settings screen, ensure sure you on the Settings Tab. You can find this in the upper right part of the screen. Under the Personalization section, find the Default Picture setting. From there, enter the URL of the default user picture file.
- Once finished, go down to the bottom of the screen and click the Save Configuration button.
This is how you edit the default user picture in Drupal 7.
‹Section 7: How to change the picture upload directory in Drupal 7
›Section 9: How to change the user image display style in Drupal 7
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Managing Users in Drupal 7
2015-01-19 11:40 pm
I know this reply is outdated, but if someones google, it should be mentioned that if you want default picture to use default styles, you need to specify path like this "public://file.png" (file should be in sites/default/files/file.png) or use this module https://www.drupal.org/project/upload_default_avatar