How to change the Default Currency in VirtueMart for Joomla 2.5
During our testing of VirtueMart, when we added our first product we entered the price under the assumption it would be listed using the American Dollar format. As you can see from the screenshot below, VirtueMart for Joomla 2.5 is setup by default to use the Euro instead of the American Dollar.
If your primary customers will not be using the Euro, for customer usability purposes you'll want to adjust the default currency of your VirtueMart store. In this tutorial, we'll show you how to change your store's default currency.
To configure the default currency in VirtueMart:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Components and click VirtueMart
- Click the Shop icon
- There are three tabs listed: Vendor, Additional Information, and General User Information. Ensure you are under the Vendor tab by clicking Vendor.
- Towards the right of the page, you will see a heading labeled Currency, and under that another option that says Currency. Using the drop down menu next to Currency, select your default currency. In our example, we selected United States dollar.
- In the top right menu, click Save. When you visit your VirtueMart store, you will now see the currency listed as the currency you selected!
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
2013-09-14 8:27 am
But Dear in the Shop -The aditional option will not show in Virtual Mart 2.0.22c
I am very frustrate how to change the indian curruncy in Virtual Mart 2.0.22c how ???
2013-09-16 2:47 pm
Unfortunately it sounds like VirtueMart 2.0.22c was full of errors related to currency, and others are also having issues with currency in that release.
Hopefully these issues will be resolved in a later release. You might have success trying an older VirtueMart release in the meantime.
Please let us know if you have any further questions at all.
2014-01-20 7:06 am
You have to specify first the vendor user in "order&shopper" specifying a client as a vendor with the button
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?