Changing the Branded footer text in WordPress
When you first install WordPress, the theme you have will show filler information and sometimes the designers branding. The image to the right shows the default Footer information on the "Twenty Twelve" theme. To remove the branding in the footer of your WordPress site, you can use the Appearance editor to edit the code. Below are the steps to remove the branding from the footer of your WordPress "Twenty Twelve" theme.
Notice! This article is using the "Twenty Twelve" theme for tutorial reasons. The steps will be similar in all themes.
Steps to change the footer text
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click the Editor link on the Appearance section of the navigation to the left.
- On the right hand side, click the Footer link to edit the footer.php page.
- Find the code that displays the footer text at the bottom. The image to the right shows what the code looks like in the "Twenty Twelve" theme.
- Comment out the code for the default footer text and add your own footer text. In this example, the following code will be placed in the footer.
<p>Copyright © 2012, My Personal website | by John Doe Web Master</p>
- Click Update.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?