Activating a menu for display in Mambo
Written by Scott Mitchell
Published: Mar 13, 2013
Last Modified: Mar 22, 2013
After creating a new menu in Mambo, you may want to activate that particualar menu as part of your site. This article will demonstrate how to add a new menu to the default template in your Mambo application.
How to activate a custom menu in Mambo
- First, log into your Mambo admin interface
- From the admin area, hover over the Modules option on the upper menu bar. From there, click on the Site Modules option.
- This brings you to the Module Manager screen, where you will see a list of all modules. Locate your new menu module in the list. You will notice the module is not published. This means it is not visible on the site. To activate the menu, click on the red X in the Publishedcolumn for the menu. This will enable it for display.
- This step is optional, but you may notice the Ordercolumn. The menu is set to an order of 1 and the main menu underneath is set to 2, etc. Changing the numbers in this column will change the order the menus are displayed on your site.
- Once you have published the module the new menu will be added to your site. Below is a before and after comparison showing the new menu in the left hand sidebar.
Did you find this article helpful?
We value your feedback!
Why was this article not helpful? (Check all that apply)The article is too difficult or too technical to follow.
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
How did you find this article?
Please tell us how we can improve our Support Center:
Optional, but our team may contact you for more information.
Like this Article? Tweet
Post a Comment
News / Announcements
West coast connectivity issue 4/22/2014
Updated 2014-04-22 02:20 pm EST
Changing the Mambo Appearance
|1.||How to install and activate a new template in Mambo|
|2.||How to create a new menu in Mambo|
|3.||Activating a menu for display in Mambo|
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!