Displaying the SQL query for a view when previewing in Drupal 7 Views
When working in the Views module, you may want to preview the SQL that is generated by the view. This is for the code savvy or the ones looking to be and would like to see the SQL generated for either debugging or further development of their views. Sometimes seeing the code can help understand how the view works in case it needs further tweaking. Showing the SQL query for a View's preview is done with the following instructions.
Showing the SQL query for a view preview in Drupal 7 Views
- Log into your Drupal 7 admin dashboard.
- From the top menu bar, locate the Structure option and click it.
- Click on the Views option to move to the next screen.
- You are now on the Views list screen. Look to the upper right and you will see two tabs. Click on the one that is labeled Settings.
- Once you get to the Settings page scroll down to the bottom of the screen to the Live Preview Settings and find the checkbox labeled Show the SQL query. Click the checkbox to enable the feature.
- Once finished, click on the Save Configuration button at the bottom. Preview one of your views and you will now see the SQL code.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
Views Module Tutorial
2014-04-01 8:38 am
This shows the full MySQL query that is being executed to generate the information displayed. Could you clarify what additional information you are looking for?