How to change your domain's WHOIS information in AMP
You are able to manage your domains that have been registered through InMotion Hosting in your Account Management Panel (or AMP). Changing your registration details will modify the information that displays on a WHOIS lookup on your domain.
Changing your domain's WHOIS information
- Log into your AMP interface.
- In the main menu, move your mouse over Domains and click Manage domains.
- Next, select the domain that you want to change the WHOIS information for, by clicking on its name.
- Then click on the link labeled Review or change your registration details?
- You are taken to a page that allows you to change the email address, address, and phone number of the domain. Click Edit by the section you want to change and fill in the new information.
- Once the new information is added, click on the Submit button to save it.
Changes to your account can take up to 24 hours before updating in a WHOIS search. Remember that any information you change for your domain must remain accurate. If you want to hide your personal information then you can purchase domain privacy for your domain. For more information on Domain Privacy, please read the knowledge base article, Private Domain Registration.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!
2014-07-15 12:46 pm
Thank you for contacting us. Sorry to hear it didn't work. We are happy to help, but will need some additional information.
What happened when you attempted to update your Whois? Did you get an error message? What was the error message?
Did you allow up to 24 hours for it to show-up in a WHOIS search?
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.
2014-07-15 12:52 pm
O.k., I will wait till tomorrow to try , Thanks John
2014-07-15 12:49 pm
o.k., verified domain, still cannot remove domain privacy
2014-07-15 1:05 pm
Thanks for the reply. I looked at your account, and it does appear that you removed domain privacy (you set it to expire in the Account Management Panel (AMP)). The change to the domain - like any change to the domain settings- requires a little time to propagate. You should see the change apply to the domain within 24 hours.