Installing WordPress Jetpack Plugin
In this tutorial:
WordPress Jetpack is a plugin to connect your WordPress.com website to your self hosted website with InMotion Hosting and give you features only available in the wordpress.com website. If you need help migrating your WordPress.com website to your InMotion Hosting account, please read our article.
- Gravatar Hovercards: Show a pop-up business card of your users' gravatar profiles in comments.
- Twitter Widget: Display the latest updates from a Twitter user inside your theme's widgets.
- WordPress.com Stats: Simple, concise site stats with no additional load on your server.
- ShareDaddy: The most super duper sharing tool on the interwebs. Share content with Facebook, Twitter, and many more.
- Shortcode Embeds: Easily embed videos and more from sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and SlideShare.
- LaTeX: Mark up your posts with the LaTeX markup language, perfect for complex mathematical equations and other Ă¼ber-geekery.
- WP.me Shortlinks: Enable WP.me-powered shortlinks for all of your Posts and Pages for easier sharing.
- After The Deadline: After the Deadline helps you write better by adding spell, style, and grammar checking to WordPress.
Installing the Jetpack Plugin
Installing Jetpack is just like installing any other plugin and you can install it via the WordPress plugin directory in your dashboard or you can install it manually by uploading the files via FTP or File Manager in cPanel.
- Log into your WordPress dashboard and select "Plugins" from the left side menu pane
- Click on the 'Add New' link and type "jetpack" in the search terms area.
- Find the plugin labeled "Jetpack" from the search results and click "Install Now"
- Once you have installed the plugin, you're halfway done! Activate the plugin and now, you have to configure the plugin.
Configuring the Jetpack Plugin
Now, that you have installed the plugin, you'll need to configure the plugin to connect to WordPress.com. This is easily accomplished through your plugins settings for Jetpack.
- After you have activated the plugin you'll need to now connect your slef hosted site to WordPress.com. You can do this by clicking the "Connect to WordPress.com" button at the top of the plugins page.
- Now, enter in your username and password for WordPress.com and click "Authorize Jetpack" button
- Congratulations! You now have the functionality to use the same features you did on your wordpress.com website.
Support Center Login
Social Media Login
2014-07-08 3:33 am
Well I don't have the plugin feature on the wordpress site, so how do you place the plugin without the plugin feature. Why does my wordpress not have the plugin feature?
2014-07-08 11:26 am
Thank you for contacting us today. You can still install plugins manually by following Official WordPress guide here.
If the plugin feature in Wordpres is not working, there may be problem with your core Wordpress files. Have you tried accessing the Plugin section with the default theme?
Performing a manual Wordpress update, with the same version you are using, should also fix your problem.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post them below.
2017-08-03 8:39 am
I need to change the jetpack email address to a new one, but I dont have the details of the previous email login details.
And also I need my site stats to be continued if i change my email . Can you please help?
2017-08-03 12:38 pm
I recommend contacting JetPack Support or posting/searching in the Jetpack Support site. They will have to assist you in recovering your jetpack account.