Setting up Gmail for POP3 and SMTP
You can use your Gmail account to send and receive your domain email address by setting up your domains email address as a POP3 and SMTP account at Gmail. This article will explain how to set up Gmail to use your domain email address.
Note! If you previously had a forwarder to your Gmail, you will need to remove that after your Gmail is set up.
Also! We recommend using the SSL settings. The SSL email setup is more secure as it encrypts the data while in transit.
Configuring POP3 and SMTP at Gmail
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Go to the Gear at the top right and select Settings.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- On the "Add a POP3 mail account you own" page, click Next Step.
- Enter your domain's email address and click Next Step.
- Enter your POP3 information for your domains email address in the form.
Click Add Account.
- You will have a success message saying the email was added. You can set the email to send as well.
Note! If you do not want to send through Gmail, click the No radio button. You don't need to follow the next steps.
If you want to send through Gmail, select Yes and Click Next Step.
- Enter your Name.
Click Next Step.
- Select Send through Gmail.
Click Next Step.
- Now you will need to verify the email address is yours. Gmail will send you an email with a code.
Click Send Verification.
- Check your domains email. You can do this in Webmail. Get the code from the email that Gmail sent you.
- Enter the code into the text box and click Verify.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
new! - Enter your name and email address above and we will post your feedback in the comments on this page!