How to Manage Comments made on your Blog Posts
When you create a new blog post, you have the option to allow visitors of your site the ability to post comments that other visitors may view. There may be times, when you see it necessary to remove or modify comments a visitor has posted to your WordPress site.
Changing Comment Settings
To set up how comments are managed on your website you will need to login to your WordPress Dashboard. Once you have logged into your dashboard click on "Settings" in the left menu pane. then click "Discussion" to bring up the window to manage your comments.
- Default article settings: This is where you decide if comments are allowed on new posts on your website.
- Other comment settings: The most important options in this section are deciding if you want your visitors to register in order to make a comment. While this will increase the chances of relevant comments, it also may decrease the number of comments on your website.
- E-mail me whenever: This is where you can decide to be notified when a new comment is posted.
- Before a comment appears: If you would llike to approve comments before they are posted, make sure this box be checked.
- Comment moderation: To help fight spam, you can add a filter to block messages that contain an excessive number of links.
- Comment blacklist: If you notice alot of Spam containing a specific pattern such as the same IP address or the same content you can choose to block those posts.
- Avatars: If a visitor has an avatar (a picture that appears next to their name), you can have it set so that they are allowed to display it on your website. You can also change the default avatar.
Once you are done making changes to your settings, click on Save Changes.
If you review your website and receive a comment that you do not wish to be displated you can "unapprove" the comment or send the comment ot the trash to remove them from your website altogether. To delete or change any comment, login to your Dashboard and click on the "Comments" link on the left menu pane. You will see the following:
Click on the check box next to the comments that you want to remove from your website and select "unapprove" or "move to trash" from the drop down menu under "bulk actions." then click "apply" to remove the comment. You can also use this bulk method to approve comments as well.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?
News / Announcements
|1.||How to change your WordPress Language and Time Zone|
|2.||Changing the dashboard language in WordPress|
|3.||How to Manage Comments made on your Blog Posts|
|4.||Setting Up Permalinks on your WordPress Site|
|5.||Changing the Title and Tagline in Wordpress|