317: How to install the WP-reCAPTCHA captcha plugin for WordPress
If you're not familiar with captchas they're a great way to prevent spammers from posting spam comments in your WordPress blog. A captcha is an image made up of letters and numbers, and a user is required to type those same letters and numbers correctly to prove they are not a spam bot. It is very tough for bots to read the image, and therefor it prevents automated spam bots from posting in your blog. In this article we'll show you how to install the WP-reCAPTCHA WordPress plugin.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard
- Search for and install the WP-reCAPTCHA WordPress plugin
- Click "WP-reCAPTCHA" under settings
- Create your keys by clicking the "here" link in this sentence:
These keys are required before you are able to do anything else. You can get the keys here.
- After you have your keys, input them in the WP-reCAPTCHA settings page and then save your settings by clicking "Save WP-reCAPTCHA Changes"
You now have a great captcha system for your WordPress blog!
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?