Creating Cohorts in the Moodle site administration
Cohorts, in Moodle, are a group of users that are of the same demographic or have a relation ship to each other in the Course. For example, there can be multiple campuses for some college courses. The cohort feature allows the site administrator to group the users according to a specific demographic. This is valuable for adding multiple users to a course all at the same time. The following tutorial will outline how to create and add users to a cohort in Moodle 2.3. To review the last article please visit Browsing and filtering users in the Moodle Site Administration
Creating User Cohorts in the Site Administration
- Log into the Moodle Dashboard
- In the Settings section on the left, navigate to Site administration > Users > Accounts > Cohorts.
Important! Keep in mind that Editing must be turned on in the Settings > Front Page Settings section in order to edit any of these options.
- The System: Available Cohorts screen will display. Click Add.
- In the Add new cohort page, Type the Name, select the Context, add Cohort ID (if applicable), and enter the Description of the Cohort and click Save changes.
- Now the Cohort will display in the Available Cohorts list. To add users to the specific Cohort, click the Member icon in the Edit column.
- In the Cohort members page, Users can be added and removed from the particular Cohort membership. When done adding the Cohorts members click Back to cohorts. Thats all for creating the Cohort..
Important! The following text was taken directly from the Moodle Cohort members page in the following snapshot. "Removing users from a cohort may result in unenrolling of users from multiple courses which includes deleting of user settings, grades, group membership and other user information from affected courses".
This concludes the article on Creating Cohorts in the Moodle site administration. Please check the next article on Exporting or Downloading users in Moodle. For more information on this Education Channel please visit Managing users and roles in Moodle
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Do you want to publish a tutorial to our support center?