Upgrading Moodle Using Softaculoous
Moodle continually updates their software versions as a continued effort to bring the best and most secure version of Moodle. When a new version comes out, you can upgrade your existing version by using Softaculous. This article will teach you how to upgrade your Moodle software through Softaculous.
Steps to upgrade Moodle
- Login into your cPanel. Navigate to Softaculous in the Software / Services section of your cPanel.
- Click the Moodle link in the Softaculous application. In the list of Moodle installations, click the Upgrade button seen in the snapshot to the right.
Note! If you do not see your Moodle installation in the list of installations, you can import the Moodle software into Softaculous using the Import option.
- Click the Upgrade button to begin the software upgrade.
- When finished, click the admin link to visit your Moodle site. You will need to go to the admin section of your Moodle site to complete the upgrade.
- The Server will go through a series of checks. Click continue.
- You will have a confirmation screen asking of your want to upgrade Moodle. Click Continue.
- You will see a list of the plugins. At the bottom, click the "Upgrade Moodle database now" button.
- The Database tables will update and show you a list of success messages for each table update. Click the Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- You can change the settings for your Moodle in this section. You can leave them at the defaults and simply click the Save Changes button at the bottom.
We value your feedback!
There is a step or detail missing from the instructions.
The information is incorrect or out-of-date.
It does not resolve the question/problem I have.
Post a Comment
Additional Moodle features
|1.||Inserting media into Moodle|
|2.||Upgrading Moodle Using Softaculoous|
|3.||Embedding a Youtube video in Moodle|