Changing the Magento 1.6 Login to Case SensitiveWritten by Tim Sisson
When you log into the Magento 1.6 admin panel, by default it is not case sensitive. Forcing the login to be case sensitive will improve the security of your Magento shopping cart and backend. It becomes increasingly harder to hack passwords if they are case sensitive. Changing the default setting to force logins to be case sensitive is done through your Magento 1.6 Admin Panel.
Please feel free to visit our other Magento Tutorials in our Education Channel.
- Log into your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System ->> Configuration
- In the left menu pane, scroll down and click "Admin" under the "Advanced" heading
- Open the section labeled "Security"
- Find the "Login is Case Sensitive" and change the dropdown to "Yes"
- Click “Save Config”
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
Securing Magento 1.6
|1.||Changing the Magento 1.6 Login to Case Sensitive|
|2.||Changing your Admin Password in Magento 1.6|
|3.||Changing your Admin username in Magento 1.6|