Changing your template background colour in Joomla 3.0Written by Brad Markle
As we continue to review the available settings within the Protostar template in Joomla 3.0, the next setting we will look at is the Background Colour setting:
Choose a background colour for static layouts. Default is #F4F6F7
Adjusting the Background Colour setting will do exactly what you expect, adjust the background of your template. The default color is #F4F5F7 and in our testing we changed it to #8cb7e6. You can see the results below:
|Background Colour: #F4F6F7||Background Colour: #8cb7e6|
The steps for changing your background color within the Protostar template are very similar to those of editing your link colors.
To change your Protostar template background color in Joomla 3.0:
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 Admin Dashboard
- In the top menu, click Extensions and then click Template Manager
- In the list of templates, find and click on the Protostar template. In our testing, we clicked on My Default Style (Protostar)
- Click the Options tab towards the top of the page
- Find the setting labeled Background Colour, and then click the box to the right. A color swatch will appear. Select the color of your choice and then click the Save button in the top left of the page to change your setting.
Configuring the Protostar Template in Joomla 3.0
|1.||Adjusting the Protostar Template Colour in Joomla 3.0|
|2.||Changing your template background colour in Joomla 3.0|
|3.||How to upload a logo in the Joomla 3.0 Protostar template|